Something you should know

This is an "only read" blog.
don't ask me anything about any post.
if you understand it means you know me well.
if you don't then just forget about it :)


Thursday, February 12, 2009

Chinese New Year 2009

This post would be a summary of my CNY09 and I guess it would probably be another "photos post"... hahaa... instead of a normal post - filled with words(kinda lazy to talk too much)

CHinese New YEar 2009 just passed like that without any special feeling...
Nothing special for this year as compared to the previous year... EXCEPT... I went visiting with my UNI Friends(the very first time)


25/01/2009... Sunday... CNY09 EVE...
Had reunion with my paternal family... (Have it every single year and it's a tradition to do so)
Had steambot instead of having a table full with different type of dishes... It was my uncle's suggestion because it's easier to prepare, clean up and bla bla bla... So, everyone was there quite early and start our dinner quite early, too... While having our dinner, we were "skyping" with one of my uncle who's living in perth now... He couldn't come back to celebrate CNY with us... So, they drink a toast through laptop... hahaa
After dinner and cleaned up everything, everyone sit down in the living room and watched the CNY Special TV Show... then, played firework... It wasn't that much firework played on that time since it was only 10 something... But but but... When I reached home, my housing area was already filled with "eeuuu... ping pong piang... ping piang..." "plak plak plak plak plak..." hahaa... Was so excited to welcome the coming of CNY when I heard those "noise"

Took during CNY EVE 09 when receiving a part of our "ANG PAO"... Waiting to get more and more... hehee


26/01/2009...Monday...1st day of CNY09...
Woke up kinda late since I slept kinda late the previous night... Quickly get myself ready to go back to Bau and visit my paternal grandparents... Although I woke up late but it was kinda lucky that I didn't miss out this - Lion Dance(I missed it almost every year)
Stayed at my grandparents' house until 2pm like that... Then, uncles, aunties and some of my ex-schoolmates came to my house...
TO my ex-schoolmates "I always missed the fun with you guys... so sad... I always can't make it when you guys are having gathering... sorry"
Night time, maternal relatives ALL came to my house (Imagine how's my tiny/little/small house looks like) hahaa... I could only take my rest after 12AM (the next day) after all of them went off
Lion Dance - in front of my grandparents' shop house
My youngest paternal cousin
Taught him how to show "peace" and look at the cameraHe's so funny laa... Let's see
3... 2... 1...
He was really falled asleep suddenly when he was in that postual (previous photo)

* I LOST TONS OF MY PHOTOS OF 1ST DAY OF CNY... SOSOSOSO MAD OF IT... STUPID VIRUS... @#$#$%^^&&^*$&&%^&%^#%$@%@%@


27/01/2009...Tuesday...2nd day of CNT09
Went to my maternal grandmother's house...
Woke up late again (it's very common during every CNY although I should wake up earlier than usually... it's because I could only sleep EARLY in the morning everyday)
Reached my grandma's house almost noon time... Had lunch there and took lotsa photos
And the most important thing is we managed to take BIG FAMILY photo this year since 97% of the family members were there
The two cutest kids in the family... Emilia and Brandon
See that boy with a can of "season iced lemon tea"
He's trying to promote it for FUN... hahaaLadies in DarkSee that funny face behind us... That's my uncle... hahaa
Do we look alike??? (not with my uncle laa.. it's with my cousin) Almost everyone said so... But I guess We LOOKED alike last time but not now since we get older & older and our look has changedUP: Same age with me
DOWN: Same UNI with me
Both their hobby is "Bullying" us... hahaaMy FAmily photo... Luckily I didn't lose this... Actually there's one nicer than this which we took during the 1st day of CNY09... BUT I LOST IT!!! I really get mad when think about it... issshhh
What are they busy on???
Ans: Arranging place for BIG FAMILY photo shooting
The BIG FAMILY photo (still got a few relatives weren't there) Cucu-cicit with grandma (still got 4 at MIRI and 2 little kids DREAMING there ZZzZZzZ)Anak-anak with grandma (if my eldest uncle and the family were there... then, it would be perfect)

Went visiting with my aunties and uncles (since my parents can't go) to those " A Ma/A Po/A Kong" house... My maternal grandparents relatives which I didn't know who they are...


28/01/2009...Wednesday...3rd day of CNY09
Went to my uncle's place which having "Open House" in the noon time...
Spent my whole afternoon there watched TV, keep eating and falled asleep...
Woke up, got myself ready to went visiting with aunties and uncles AGAIN... This time, I went to a few Nice houses which I was like WOW when I saw it... hehee


29/01/2009...Thursday...4th day of CNY09
I started to work already but HALF DAY... Still OK laa
Somemore, it's useless for me to stay whole day since it was LESS THAN 10 Kids and ONLY ONE KID stayed for the whole day... hahaa
It was the day which rain super duper heavily... The whole way I drove to Kindy filled with water dy and some places got flooded dy... The water level at Kindy there was kinda high until I thought kindy would get flood
Half day later, drove home quickily before I'm going to stuck at the middle of the road there - flood (touch wood) hahaa...
Had lunch together with my paternal family at my house... It was a tradition, too but since when it become our tradition?!?!?! hrmmm... I really don't know but I guess it wasn't THAT LONG TIME AGO~~~ hahaa


30/01/2009...Friday...5th day of CNY09
Worked half day at kindy, too... But the kids on this day was really LESSER THAN THE PREVIOUS DAY... hahaa
Friends came to my house in the afternoon and I went to TLynn's house on the night... She was having a simple "Open House" for us... She supposed to cook for us but end up I ate those foods from J&J cafeteria laa and ... ... ... "Where's the foods that you cooked for us??? I didn't see any dish looks so boo MISS TEO... hahaa" (Just Kidding)
After dinner, most of them were gambling... TLynn, Audrey and I were chit-chatting there like mother talking about their kids (was talking about the kindy kids) and our further study


31/01/2009...Saturday...6th day of CNY09
Went visiting with my UNI gang... It was kinda an express visiting... Sit down, eat, talk a while, watch TV a while then Shoomm~~~ Go liao... Next House... But they did gamble AGAIN in few houses...
We started our visiting on 1230PM and until the time I reached home, it was almost 12AM dy... The number of us become lesser and lesser when we visited the last few houses
1st... Fany's house
2nd... Nancy's house
3rd... Chloe's house
4th... Olivia's house
5th... Deidre's house
6th... My house
7th... Audrey's house
8th... YuAn's house
9th... Andrien's house

01/02/2009...Sunday...7th day of CNY09
7th day of CNY is called "Ren Ri" - in chinese
This day, we should eat "Lao Sheng" - in chinese
Don't ask me about the "Lao Sheng" thingy... Because I REALLY NOT VERY SURE about IT... hehee
I guess it's something to do with Live Longer?!?!?!?!
Coincidently, It was my mama's lunar birthday... So, we celebrated it together
No cake AGAIN... we scared of cake dy... Ate a lot during CNY... hahaa
Both my elder sister bought her a bottle of L'oreal Facial thingy and me&my younger sister bought her a crystal ring which is good for her everything (health, wealth and bla bla bla) throughout this whole year
The foods on the night... "Lao Sheng", Sushi, Fried Pork Leg, Spring rolls and of cause not forget... Vegetable
YO~~~ Everyone... "Live Longer arr... Live Longer arr... Live Longer arr..." hahaa


02/02/2009...Monday...8th day of CNY09 UNTIL~~~
07/02/2009...Saturday...13th of CNY09
Nothing special happened (i guess?!?! can't really remember)
Worked... Worked... Worked and Worked


08/02/2009...Sunday...14th of CNY09
Met my UNI gang again... Went out to have our dinner... It was a ALL GIRLS NIGHT OUT! hahaa
This dinner is kinda special which everyone MUST wear semi-formal... It was the first time for us since we always went out together with t-shirt and jeans/pants

Date: 8/2/09 (Sunday)
Time: 730pm
Venue: The Original Carwash (which i wanted to go for a long dy... hehee)
Dress code: Semi-Formal

I ordered...
Spaghetti Bolognese (RM15) - It's really in a BIG PORTION!!! Beware that It's suitable to share by two person... Don't regret if you order each person one plate... YOu are going to eat until burst... (That's for me laa... hahaa)
The pineapple fried rice is a lot, too... Really a lot
If you are ordering steak/chop and you feel like ordering Fries... Don't order! The steak/chop will be served together with the Fries - IN LARGE AMOUT!!! It seems like almost Double the amount that we get from the other cafe/???
Hot Mocha (RM5) - Don't put sugar anymore (it served with two small packages of sugar) It's SWEET enough... But a bit too sweet for me...
shared Chicken Salad (RM15) with Edina and Fany - Quite ok... Amout also quite ok for three of us...
Total up, I spent RM25 per dinner (the most expensive meal that I ever had - Spent my own money lehhh... hahaa)

Camwhoring while waiting for our food to come


09/02/2009...Monday...15th day/Last day of CNY09
It's "CHAP GOH MEH"
Went back to Bau early in the morning... Went to "Bai Bai" - in chinese and watched parade - got lion dance, dragon n bla bla bla
Nothing special to watch in this year and it seems like getting shorter
Didn't manage to take any photos... But if you are curious of how's the parade looks like... Do visit
http://www.ksing93.blogspot.com/
Went back to Kuching around 430pm and went to my maternal grandnother's house to have dinner... Celebrated "Chap Goh Meh??? *spell like this???" and had dinner together AGAIN since my aunty and cousin from Taiwan would be back to Taiwan the next day


THE END~~~ MY CHINESE NEW YEAR 2009 passed like that... hehee
*It seems like words more than photos dy... Out of what I expected... hahaa

No comments: